There have been some updates to the list of CEG Technical Electives; please refer to the master-list at the start of every semester.
8 July 2015:
The following changes are applicable for AY2014/15 intake:
- The Final Year Project (i.e. CG4001 B.Eng. Dissertation) will remain at 12 MCs.
- Students are required to read at least 12 MCs of Technical Electives (comprising at least two Depth modules).
24 December 2014:
- CS4274 Mobile and Multimedia Networking will no longer be offered from AY2015/16.
6 August 2014:
- CP3101C Research in Supercomputing (first offered in sem 1, AY14/15) may count as CEG TE Breadth. Other CP-coded modules will count as UEM.
6 January 2014:
- CP3101B Web Programming and Applications (first offered in sem 2, AY13/14) may count as CEG TE Breadth. Other CP-coded modules will count as UEM.
27 December 2013:
Please note the following changes
- With effect from AY2014/15, CG2271 will only be offered once per academic year, in semester 2.
- CG3207 will still be offered every semester 1.
24 October 2013:
The following updates are effective sem 1, AY13/14:
- CS4345 may count as CEG TE Depth in 'Large-Scale Computing'.
- CS2104 and CS2281 may count as CEG TE Breadth.
The master-list has been updated.
19 July 2013:
Please note the following modular credits (MCs) revisions effective sem 1, AY13/14:
- EE2020 Digital Fundamentals (5 MCs)
- EE2024 Programming for Computing Interfaces (5 MCs)
- EE2031 Circuit and Systems Design Lab (3 MCs)
16 July 2013:
CG2007 and EE3001 will no longer be offered from AY13/14 onwards. Affected students from earlier intakes should take EE2024 (to map to CG2007) and EE3031 (to map to EE3001) in place.
26 March 2013:
- From sem 1, AY13/14 onwards, CS3242 and CS3247 will count as CEG TE Breadth.
- Only students who read CS3242 and/or CS3247 in sem 2, AY12/13, are allowed to count as CEG TE Depth.
23 August 2011:
- CS3217 shifted from 'Multimedia Processing' to 'Embedded Systems' (Breadth).
- Following its pre-requisite revision, CS4236 will NOT be counted as a CEG technical elective for AY2010 intake & onwards.
Please note the recommended schedules, for students going for Industrial Attachment (IA - 6 or 12 months), have been revised as 'Level 3 Standing' is required to read EE3001 i.e. usually in Year 3. EE3001 may be read as an evening module during IA. [Other recommended schedules not affected.]
If you are not exempted from QET but missed the July 2015 session, do refer to the QET site and register for the Nov 2015 session.
Note: Registration is required and takes place from 5 –12 Nov 2015.
All CEG students will take EE3001 in place of CG3001; the relevant documents have been updated (2 Nov 09). Please note this change if you have printed copies of recommended schedules, FFG checklist, etc previously.
If you are considering going for Industrial Attachment (IA) in semester 2 (Jan - Jun), click here for more information.
If you are considering going for Student Exchange Programme (SEP) in Year 3, click here for more information.
Please note the following, if applicable:
All CEG students, who are not exempted from the Qualifying English Test (QET), are strongly recommended to register and take the test in July. This is such, so that students who did not pass QET will be able to take ES1102 in Semester 1 and GET1021 in Semester 2.
CEG students from AY15/16 direct intake should take GET1021 in Semester 2. Pre-requisites of GET1021 as follows: Students must fulfill the University's language requirements before reading GET1021. Students who are required to read ES1000 and/or EAP modules must pass them before taking GET1021.
For more information on QET, please refer to: http://www.nus.edu.sg/registrar/event/registration-qet.html
AY2015/16 intake: QET registration for July 2015 is from 1 - 7 July 2015.
'A' level students without 'A' level Physics or equivalent are required to take two bridging modules, PC1221 and PC1222, in Semester 1. Please email Mr Low Mun Bak (email@example.com) to highlight this (no 'A' level Physics or equivalent) so that both modules may be pre-allocated early.
Poly students are required to take MA1301 (pre-req of MA1505) and PC1222 (pre-req of PC1432) as compulsory Programme requirements. Poly students exempted from MA1301, will take MA1505 in place, AND will need to take one additional Technical Elective (to make up the 4 MCs shortfall).
All CEG students should take CS2101 (counted as Programme requirement on graded basis) for Team Communication concurrently with CS2103T in year 2 Semester 1. The technical content of CS2103 and CS2103T are identical; the only difference is that CS2103T students take CS2101 concurrently. All Poly students from AY15/16 intake are exempted from CS2101 and will take CS2103 (instead of CS2103T).
AY15/16 intake: There is a common advanced placement test for CS1010. CEG freshmen must have obtained at least B grade in A-level Computing (or equivalent) or have prior C programming experience, in order to apply for the test.
Date: 16 July 2015
Time: 1400 to 1600 hrs
Venue: COM1 #02-06 - School of Computing Seminar Room 1
Refer to SoC site for the application form and submit by 3 July 2015.